Author: Yongyuth Yuthavong, Gregory C. Gibbons
Imprint: [Bangkok] : National Science and Technology Development Agency, 1994.
Call No: TP248.195.D44 Y59b 1994
This book contains the following chapters:
(1) principles of biotechnology
(2) worldwide applications of biotechnology
(3) problems of developing countries addressable by biotechnology: agriculture and food
(4) problems of developing countries addressable by biotechnology: environment, health and related issues
(5) status of biotechnology in developing countries: Southeast Asia and beyond
(6) biotechnology of carbohydrate production and conversions
(7) bioresources and biotechnology of natural products
(8) policy issues concerning biotechnology in developing countries
There is a subject index. This book represents a useful introduction to the scope of biotechnology and gives many interesting examples from ASEAN research.